Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More details, and a baby-sized title.

The babe has been officially dubbed "Bibi" - it is Swedish for "alive" - which we would very much like it to be!

The Momma seems very happy with her decision, I spoke with the Grandmom & Granddad today, and they too are peaceful about the whole arrangement. I think adopting is more difficult than a physical pregnancy, and I have a newfound respect for women who go through this process. it is a HUGE waiting game, filled with uncertainties that extend beyond "will the baby have my eyes or his?", or, "will this angel be born a little hyperactive, or very, very quiet?". No, this is much different . It is "will I be there to witness the birth, will I be heartbroken if I miss it?", "will the momma cry at the sight of me, and the pain I am representing in her life?",  "will the journey of explaining how you came to join our family be a trying, emotional one filled with resentment, or gratitude?"

Lord, help me please, to love this little one just like I have loved our other children. Please have little Bibi know that they are such a treasure, and that a tremendous amount of thought and respect was poured into creating a life where Bibi is encouraged to be who God wants him/her to be, while heart and mind are shaped with tenderness. Thank you for the gift you've created, please give me the strength to do a very, very good job. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You definitely do go thru a lot. People would tell me all the time that at least I didn't have to experience a pregnancy and that adoption must be so much easier. But it wasn't and it's not.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete